keskiviikko 10. syyskuuta 2014

Inspiring workshop and concert of Mirabai Ceiba


A few years ago, I was coming back from a Tibetan Buddhist meditation retreat in Germany, and was offered a car ride to the Berlin airport by a fellow practitioner, a very kind man who always wore white cloths. At the beginning of our journey, he put on a mantra music CD and something strange happened. Although I never had heard those mantras before, I realized I could sing along. And I did, all the 1,5 hours of our trip. Although the time seemed to stop. And the world seemed to be more and more beautiful. And the unity of One and all seemed to be more and more clear. This experience was a perfect culmination of an intense week of spiritual practice.

Of course, when we arrived at the airport, I got this CD as a present. It was Mirabai Ceiba's Awakened Earth. And it brought me on the Kundalini yoga path.

This June, I was blessed with an opportunity to participate in both Mirabai Ceiba's concert and the workshop in Helsinki, and to share this experience with my mother and daughter.

I knew about what to expect from the concert. Still, being able to chant the sacred sounds together with the wonderful musicians and the choir of the audience, accompanied by beautiful music – that was very powerful. I felt that every cell of my body was singing.

For the workshop, on the other hand, I did not have particular expectations. I went there open and curious, and was positively surprised. I just loved the freedom and openness of Angelica and Marcus, the way they borrowed some features from other traditions, the way they used the sound in the warm up exersices. Their connection to the group, that felt much stronger during the class than during the concert. The choice of kriyas. And, of course, the live music that intensified the experience. The sitar was divine, the gong was powerful and the guitar was just amazing.

Throughout time, spirituality inspired human beings to create, to express the warm and joy and bliss that arise from the practice. Kundalini yoga seem to be a huge source of inspiration, particularly in music. And Mirabai Ceiba is one of our brightest stars. Both as musicians and as teachers.

Teksti: Lena Ad Sach Kaur
Kuva: Igor Nieto

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti